At Ardleigh Green we are passionate about our EYFS environment and creating a stimulating, language-rich environment where children are happy, safe and enjoy learning. We believe you have made the best choice to start your child’s learning journey.
Please sign up to class Dojo as soon as possible. If you need to contact your child’s class teacher, then Class Dojo is our method of communication. There is a weekly update posted to the Dojo Class Story every Friday. These updates include important year group reminders, the learning objectives for the following week and Child of the Week celebrations.
- Please hear your child read as regularly as possible. We politely request you hear your child read at least 4 times a week and sign and date their homework diary each time you do. Each time your child reads, they will be awarded dojo points and help the class achieve our target of every child reading, every day, every week.
- In addition to hearing your child read, we will send home 5 new sight words for them to learn in their green word book. These will be added to Google Classroom when we have taught them in school for you to practise at home.
- Homework will be posted to Google Classroom each week on a Friday.
- Our PE day is Friday and children will need to come to school wearing their PE kit.
- We use sQuid for daily registration and lunchtime options. Please send your child to school with only one of the correct colour dinner tickets matching their choice from the menu.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to send us a message via Class Dojo.
The EYFS Team.